Tuesday, May 12, 2009

3-year-old Check-up

Yesterday I took my "baby" to the doctor for a well check. I was unsure if we were going to make it because my oldest was sick up until 9 am. She is SO sensitive to germs, and will get sick either during or immediately after almost every vacation we have ever taken. Anyway, she seemed to be alright so we headed to the doctor after lunch. My, has my youngest grown! She has always been in the 10% percentile, but yesterday she reached the 50% percentile for both weight and height! : ) Everything else looked good, my only concerns were that she has been constipated lately and she CANNOT stop biting her fingernails. We were perscribed Miralax, but I was not given much information about the nail-biting problem.

I also questioned the doctor about the hemangioma (birthmark) on her upper lip. As a baby, we thought surgery might have to be performed, but we decided to wait it out, because these types of birthmarks shrink on their own. The doctor confimed that we will probably have to do some sort of laser surgery when she is around 4. I am so glad that we have left it alone for now, because it has improved SO MUCH on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment